I love having a variety of fat bombs in the freezer for when I get the urge to snack!
These mocha fat bombs really hit the spot when you a quick hit of chocolate (but without the sugar!).
I’ve written before about trying out some ketogenic recipes, and the various no calorie sweeteners available.
These mocha fat bombs are made using Erythritol.
Be sure to use a high quality product, that is gluten-free, and ideally, organic- like this one.
In addition to being a non-calorie sugar substitute, “Erythritol can suppress bad bacteria growth, reduce acids in the mouth that can cause tooth decay, and inhibit biofilm formation. Therefore, sugar-free sweets sweetened with erythritol are considered safe for the teeth, and some dentists are even using it as a disinfectant.” via Wellness Mama
So it can help you loose weight, and is good for your teeth! 😀
All the more reason to make a batch of my
Mocha Fat Bombs for a Keto Diet
In your KitchenAid mixer, add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, and vanilla. Mix on medium to high until soft peaks form.
Grab a reusable canvas piping bag (like this one), and fill the muffin liners.
Or if you don’t care how the look… just use a spoon to fill them 😉
Set in the freezer till frozen.
Once frozen take out and place into a sealed container. These can be stored in the freezer, although if you are like my family… they will be gobbled up in no time! 😀
Mocha Fat Bombs
- 2 cups of heavy organic whipping cream
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp. of Erythritol
- Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate (for topping) – Optional
- 1/8 tsp organic espresso
- Using a stand mixer, add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and vanilla.
- Mix on Medium – High until peaks form.
- Once soft peaks form add the Erythritol, espresso and cacao.
- Place unbleached cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Set aside.
- Pipe mixture into liners with a canvas piping bag or spoon.
- Optional, top with cacao powder and / or Lily’s chocolate shavings.
- Put into the freezer till frozen.
- Once frozen take out and place into a sealed container. Store in the freezer.