Healthy Baked Spicy Sweet Potato Curly Fries Recipe
Aside from my lovely Instant Pot, my spiralizer is my second most used kitchen utensil. I’ve been on a “noodle” kick lately, “noodling” everything I can get my hands on! With a little imagination, you don’t have to be limited to just noodles. You could make… spicy baked sweet potato fries! These baked sweet potato fries are baked to crispy perfection in the oven.
If you don’t have a spiralizer, I highly recommend you snag one! You can find the one I recommend here:
Spiralizer Tri-Blade Vegetable Slicer, Strongest-and-Heaviest Duty, Best Veggie Pasta & Spaghetti Maker
Of course if you don’t want the heat- simply leave it out! Salt, garlic and cumin would be a yummy combination, more suitable for kids & people that just don’t care for spicy!
I love my spiceberry for baking things like this- the ceramic coating makes clean up so, so easy! I can’t tell you how many pans and cookie sheets I’ve left soaking (for days..) because of things like baked on sweet potato. This pan cleans like a dream- I always make sure to use it for dishes like this.
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Chipotle Powder
- Cayenne Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spiralize those taters! I leave the skins on- but I chop of the end and any weird bits on the skin.
- Toss your curly fries in the oil and spices. I do this directly in the baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes. Check and stir occasionally.
- Turn the oven to broil. You will need to babysit a bit here- but the crispy curly sweet potato crunch is worth it!
- I broiled mine for about 10 minutes, tossing with kitchen tongs every two minutes or so. You may have to remove some bits that get extra too crispy. 😀
These definitely shrink up- but were delicious little crispy baked sweet potato fries. They remind me of shoe-string fries, and in fact these would be amazing on top of a burger or sandwich. 😀
If you are after that crunch, but still want to bake a healthy version in the oven- give this crispy oven baked sweet potato fry recipe a try!