Friday night is unofficial burger night at our house! And not to brag, but I make a pretty darn good burger; or in this case sliders!
Some might argue that these aren’t true sliders… in fact they may classify them as a mini hamburger.
If we are going to be precise, a true slider:
“The method of preparation, despite some variance in ingredients (the way the onions are apportioned, for example) is constant: Small two-ounce (or smaller) cubes of beef are mashed on to a flat top griddle, and onions (either finely chopped into tiny cubes or thinly sliced into delicate ribbons) are pressed into the top of the sizzling patty, which ends up on the bottom when the burger is flipped. If cheese is ordered, it is applied as soon as the patty is flipped, and the bun—top half first, bottom portion placed on top—covers the onion-beef-cheese stack.”
Since 2oz burgers aren’t going to last long around my house… I opted to do a larger, 4oz size. Plus, this size is much more proportional to to the “buns” aka roasted red peppers.
Feel free to play around with your own perfect size- just adjust the cooking time accordingly!
To get these sliders started, preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Of course you can grill these burgers, and the red pepper buns too!
I cooked mine in the oven, and I started with the red peppers. I prepped the mini-hamburgers (let’s just call them what the really are…) while the peppers cooked.
Roasted Red Pepper “Buns” for Paleo Burgers
Roast in the oven until slightly charred on each side-turning once.
Paleo Hamburger Sliders
The sliders are pretty easy… just mix, weigh, shape and bake!
Throughly mix the rest of the ingredients to make the burgers. Use a kitchen scale to weigh out the mixture into 4 oz portions. Roll each portion into a ball, and flatten.
Line the baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, add your burgers. When the peppers are done, set your oven to 400. Bake the sliders for about 20 minutes at 400.
Place each slider on your red pepper “buns”, top with pickles and of course, paleo coleslaw!
Hamburger Sliders Recipe with Grilled Red Pepper “Buns”
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Slice the red peppers into quarters.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, and arrange the peppers on the sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil
- Roast in the oven until slightly charred on each side-turning once.
- Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Throughly mix the rest of the ingredients to make the burgers.
- Once mixed, use a kitchen scale to weigh out the mixture into 4 oz portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball, then flatten.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, add your burgers.
- When the peppers are done, set your oven to 400
- Bake the sliders for about 20 minutes at 400.
- Place each slider on your red pepper “buns”, top with pickles and of course, paleo coleslaw!