Easy Paleo Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Add the chocolate chips to a saucepan, heat on medium until melted, stirring occasionally.
- When chocolate is fully melted with no lumps, grab your mold. Hold the mold over a clean baking dish or sheet, or over the saucepan.
- Carefully spoon a small amount into each mold cavity. Rotate the mold around so that chocolate lines all the sides of the mold. Some will likely spill out- this is what the baking dish will catch!
- When all the sides of the mold are thoroughly coated, place the mold in the refrigerator while you prep the truffle mixture.
- In a bowl, mix cashew butter, salt, maple syrup, and cacao powder. When mixed- give it a taste test, add more maple syrup or cacao powder to your preference!
- After the chocolate has set up in your mold (5-10 minutes should do it), spoon a bit of the truffle mixture into each mold. Get as much as you can in without overfilling.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate. When all the lumps are out, carefully pour or spoon the chocolate into each mold, to totally fill up the cavity. The chocolate should be even with the top of the mold.
- Use a spatula to scrape any excess chocolate off the top of the mold.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or so.
- When hardened, pop out the truffles and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.