Breakfast Style Stuffed Acorn Squash in the Instant Pot
I’m not a huge fan of plain acorn squash (really, who is?), and I think this upgraded breakfast style stuffed acorn squash version can be enjoyed for any meal of the day. I could have named this easy easy meal in the Instant Pot. 😀 Perfect for when you want breakfast for dinner.. but need a little more than just bacon and eggs. I used ground pork, because we have lots of ground pork, but you could easily use ground beef or chicken. Be sure to check out this post on how to cook your acorn squash in an Instant Pot.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 red onion- chopped
- 1 zucchini – shredded or grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic – minced
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 eggs (fried)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the Instant Pot. Set to Saute. Add ground pork, and cook using your chop and stir.
- When the meat is cooked, remove and place in a mixing bowl, and add the bacon, red onion and garlic to the Instant Pot.
- Saute until bacon is cooked and onion is translucent.
- Add zucchini, and cook until soft- just a minute or two.
- Remove from the Instant Pot- add to mixing bowl with ground meat. Stir in remaining spices.
- Cook your acorn squash in the Instant Pot – directions are HERE.
- While the acorn squash cooks, fry up a couple eggs 😀
- When squash is cooked, let cool and fill with the ground pork and veggie mixture.
- Garnish with parsley, and add the egg.. because #alwaysaddanegg ;D
I hope you enjoyed my breakfast style acorn squash- cooking it in the instant pot makes it an easy weeknight meal!