Confession: I kinda really like Valentine’s Day.
As a kid, I loved making the perfect receptacle for all the incoming Valentine’s. I would spend hours analyzing each of the sayings on my cartoon valentine’s, and give the most suggestive ones to the boys I like the best. (I know you did the same thing!!).
As I got older, I would labor over the perfect Valentine’s cookies and treats, and would seek out the very funniest of Valentine’s cards.
Our first Valentine’s together, Whitney surprised me with a bottle of Patron, limes and pineapple juice, because obviously my love language is tequila.
Last year he totally surprised me with homemade chocolate pistachio bark… and he even bought an assortment of heart shaped cookie cutters to complete the treat.
If I was the betting type… I’d bet this year is more of a chocolate than tequila type of year ;D
If you want to celebrate Valentine’s Whitney Style, here is the recipe:
Don’t forget the Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters
Now I don’t have quite as much time to spend on making Valentine’s treats or perfectly folding and taping sweetarts to hearts for classmates… but I still like to celebrate the holiday!
It seems like the 14th always sneaks up on me, and I’m constantly giving 15th… 16th or Valentine’s Day weekend presents. 😀
I’ve rounded up some of the best of the best Valentine’s gifts… and with the magic of Amazon Prime you can still give them on Valentine’s Day!
Awesome Gifts That You Will Actually Like Buying for Your Valentine
- Stevie Wonder: The Definitive Collection. Because honestly, you aren’t listening to enough Stevie Wonder. I say that with love, not only because it’s Valentine’s Day, but also because none of us are listening to enough Stevie Wonder.
2. Rosés Don’t get her roses… get her… rosés. Ha! See what I did there? Excellent puns aside, I’d much rather have a dozen bottles of wine than roses any day.
3. Apothic Dark Side California Red Wine Mixed Pack. Did you know that AMAZON SELLS WINE. And shipping is a PENNY. It’s like they don’t want me to ever leave the house. And what’s more, they sell it in 6 & 12 packs…
5. Bamboo Salt Box. The BEST inexpensive gift for anyone, any occasion. Seriously! Everyone eats salt… and it just tastes better out of this container. Plus, you feel really super fancy when you grab a pinch of salt and sprinkle it over your eggs in the morning.
6. DynoBytes Sandwich Crust Cutter. I hate those lunch ideas that cut sandwiches into cute little stars and hearts…. you are wasting SO MUCH SANDWICH. Not this cute thing! Every inch of your delicious sandwich- perfectly cut into the shape of some sort of blobby dinosaur. Since we tested and approved THIS amazing gluten free bread, and W started “roaring” at everything in his path… this is a Valentine MUST at our house.
7. Personalized Bar Necklace. Alright, if you must go romantic, these are pretty sweet. Add your important date, wedding… kid’s birthday… maybe to commemorate that one time you made a really great dinner. Plus these are delicate enough to layer- which is so hot right now.
8. Please Romaine Calm. It’s hilarious… and applicable in almost any situation. Viola, the perfect Valentine’s Day Gift!
9. The Dino Pet. Okay, I LOVE this idea. This is a little nightlight thing, that is “powered” by bio-luminescent creatures. So so cool. Now, looking at the reviews- this particular product looks like it has some flaws, but I included it because if anyone has a recommendation for a better, similar product- I would love to hear about it!!
10. Wreck This Journal. Have you ever tried to take up journalling, only to be intimidated by the sheer vastness of the white pages staring back at you? Not this journal. Give the gift of un-daunting creativity.
13. Umbra Anigram Ring Holder. You already got her a ring… good for you! But did you remember a ring holder? Never misplace your rings again with this little cutie ring holder!
14, Bai Black Colombia Cream, Sparkling Antioxidant Infused Beverage. THESE. We gave up soda years ago… but sometimes you just want a bubble cool one. I love the other flavors of BAI, but they stuck with fruit flavors. This is just like the Shasta Cream Soda my grandma used to stock her fridge with… minus all the odd ingredients and preservatives 😀
A closer look:
- Carbonated beverage with classic cream soda flavor
- Only 5 calories and 0 grams of sugar per can
- Made with no artificial sweeteners
- Infused with antioxidants
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, and kosher, with low glycemic index
Have it with some vanilla ice cream… because VALENTINE’S DAY.
15. I Hate Everyone Too Socks I know this I said 14 things… but I decided that the dino light doesn’t really count… and I was too lazy to renumber everything. Plus. these socks are an amazing Valentine’s Day find that really shouldn’t be missed!
Really, nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day like a pair of socks. <3
Hope you found something for your sweetheart on this list… and maybe a thing or two for yourself.
Whatever the case, have a really happy Valentine’s Day!