The only thing better than enjoying a nice warm slice of banana bread fresh out of the oven with a big fat pat of kerrygold butter is enjoying a nice warm slice of fresh CHOCOLATE banana bread – guilt free! With a big pat of kerrygold butter of course 😀
The weather has been a bit… touchy… lately, which means it is the perfect time to break out some comfort foods while there is still a bit of chill in the air. (Not to mention 40 mile an hour winds….)
I usually attempt new recipes on Thursdays- my weekly day off. More often than not, this means that Warner and I have annihilated whatever I’ve whipped up for the day before Whit gets home from work. Actually, I sometimes struggle to get pictures before
Warner okay both of us gobble the dish down.
So you may not have noticed, but yes, there were a few slices missing from this loaf at picture time. 😀 I’m pretty sure we saved Whit at least one slice, so it’s all good.
I recently starting lining my bread with parchment paper.. which was a big DUH moment. Why I resisted for so long, I do not know. It makes clean up ten hundred times easier… and I like easier clean up. 😀
I specify using unbleached parchment paper, not bleached parchment paper. When heated, bleached parchment paper can leach out dioxins- which is bad news. According to WHO: “Dioxins are highly toxic and can cause reproductive and developmental problems, damage the immune system, interfere with hormones and also cause cancer.”
Unbleached parchment paper is easy to find, most large grocery or health food stores carry a couple brands. Our little corner of the world does not, however, so I purchase mine from Amazon. (Click this link to purchase on Amazon too!)
- 3/4 teaspoon Bob’s aluminum-free baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons melted Bronner’s Organic Coconut Oil + (optional) some for greasing
- 2 large eggs
- 3 small super ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup Grade A Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Mix wet, mix in dry. Grease pan with coconut oil. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mash the bananas and mix in all the wet ingredients (coconut oil, vanilla, eggs and maple syrup)
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add in your optionals- nuts and extra chocolate chips if you like!
- Grease your bread pan with coconut oil. Or! Even better: line your bread pan with a sheet of parchment paper. (Wayyyyyyyyy easier clean-up!) Yes, you may get little grooves in the corner where the paper doesn’t smooth out- but that won’t matter.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until the toothpick is clean 😀
- Serve warm with a fat pat of kerrygold butter*!
Yes, I know butter is technically paleo. However, kerrygold butter is basically the most delicious
butter in the world, and if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life… this might be it. If you are following a strict paleo diet- sub for ghee. If you haven’t tried kerrygold yet… this would be an excellent recipe to do so! 😀